Plan for Your Community’s Telecom Needs.
Expanding services with minimal expense requires strategic business plans, network assessments, market analysis and pricing, affiliate and interconnection agreements, and regulatory support. JSI has been a trusted business partner for more than half a century and offers a full array of business development consulting services designed to help you make the most of your competitive opportunities and challenges. Branching into exciting new services can be a daunting task, but JSI’s team of staff experts is well versed in all aspects of the strategic planning, build-out, implementation, and promotional stages along the way.
- New Business Opportunities
- Business Case Development/Financial Analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- Pricing Analysis
- Multi-Year Financial Projections
- Network/Infrastructure Considerations
- Geographic Review
- Toll, Local Calling Plan and EAS Analysis
- Technology Decisions
- Primary Market Research
- Market Surveys & Focus Groups
JSI’s staff specializes in customized, thorough video business case analyses. JSI will work with you to evaluate and build a detailed financial business case to help determine the impact of video services provisioning on your company’s financial well-being. Our analysis includes:
- Multi-year Financial Statement Projections
- Return on Investment Analysis
- Partnering Opportunities
- Information to Assist in Securing Debt Financing
Venturing into the video business is complex, our team will assist you in each phase of implementation. Our knowledge and experience will help you create a successful, long-term strategy that allows you to compete with larger providers. JSI provides support in:
- Technology Analysis & Decisions
- Programming Decisions
- Developing Back-Office Systems and Support
- Compliance and Regulatory Requirements
- Service Pricing and Bundles
- Over-the-Top Video (OTT) Cost Solutions
- Business Viability
- Resources Allocation
- Financial Expectations and Ramifications
- Regulatory Considerations
- Marketing Strategies
- Policy & Rules Documentation
For more information, please contact Valerie Wimer at 301-459-7590.
- Business Case Analysis
- Implementation Plan & Timelines
- Interconnection Agreements
- Negotiate Partner & Provider Contracts
- Marketing Support
- Service Pricing and Bundling
- On-Going Process and Renewal Checklists
- Customer Contracts
Contact Valerie Wimer at 301-459-7590 for more information on our CLEC studies and implementation services.
Local Number Portability (LNP) continues to evolve, particularly now that we’re moving toward an all-IP network. JSI provides LNP and numbering services that support companies’ day-to-day porting requirements, including:
- Service Order Administration (SOA) management, which allows clients to submit requests online for numbers to be ported in NPAC
- LNP training to broaden your staff’s understanding of LNP requirements, as well as those of other providers operating within your service area
- LNP compliance with interconnection agreements and FCC rules
JSI also is active in the national standards committees, such as the NANC, that are shaping the future of LNP and represents the views and interests of its clients. To ensure clients are up to date on important LNP issues being discussed by these industry working groups, changes to numbering and porting as the industry moves to an all-IP network and all aspects of the LNPA vendor transition, JSI offers “The LNP Essentials” bundle. The bundle subscription includes our monthly newsletter, The LNP Standard, one free annual webinar, quarterly LNP conference calls and special publications.
For information about LNP training, compliance or “The LNP Essentials” bundle, contact Bridget Alexander. For number porting and SOA management, contact Karen Hoffman. Both can be reached at 301-459-7590.
- Obtaining NPA-NXX codes and thousands-block assignments from NANPA and the Pooling Administrator
- Updating the BIRRDS database with routing and rating information for the LERG
- Obtaining OCN, CLLI, ACNA and other company identifying numbers
- Managing CIC code administration and filings
- Filing Numbering Resource Utilization/Forecasts (NRUF) and FCC Mandatory Pooling Forecasts
- Updating NECA’s FCC Tariff 4 database for managing billing percent and wire center records
- Providing monthly NPA-NXX Code Activation Reports (NNCAR) in an easily searchable online format
JSI also can help you properly reflect your network changes when undergoing a switch collapse or migrating to an IP network.
JSI’s Rural Health Care (RHC) outreach solutions package provides accurate information that you can use to familiarize your local healthcare facilities with the Healthcare Connect Fund. The package explains how healthcare facilities can partner with providers to provide better medical care through affordable, federally subsidized broadband access.
The RHC outreach solutions package includes materials customized for your company and community:
- Outreach Letter – Contact facility administrators, board members and technology officers directly about the Healthcare Connect Fund and its importance for the community.
- Presentation Materials – Conduct face-to-face meetings with the help of a presentation outlining the program details.
- Talking Points – Field media inquiries, provide updates at business forums and educate employees about the program with key program details.
- Handout – Provide a concise summary of important program benefits, information and dates.
With schools eager to expand their networks, and competitors aggressively marketing E-rate solutions, the time is ripe to develop a well-conceived strategy for delivering E-rate services. JSI can help you capture your local schools’ and libraries’ E-rate dollars. Our experienced team has assisted clients with E-rate questions and planning since the program’s 1996 inception. Among the E-rate services we offer are:
- Monitoring Form 470 Requests on USAC’s Website (our “E-Rate Connect Service”)
- Customized Telco Training
- E-rate Marketing Plans
- Identifying Eligible and Non-eligible Services
- Composing and Negotiating Service & Maintenance Contracts
- USAC-Required Reporting
- Developing Quotes or Bids for Services
- Calculation of Educational discounts, Taxes, Fees & Surcharges
- Tracking E-rate Funding Commitments
- Compliance Guidelines & Forms for Gift Giving
- Educational Service Tariffs
- Audit Responses & Record Retention Compliance
For more information on any of JSI’s E-rate services, contact Cassandra Heyne at 301-459-7590.
- Interconnection Agreements (including those between ILECs and wireless providers)
- Inter-Company Agreements
- Ethernet Agreements
- End-User Agreements
- Pole & Conduit Agreements
- Programming Agreements
- Fiber & Facilities Leases
- Partnership Agreements
- Wholesale Network Agreements
- Service Level Agreements
- Affiliate Transaction Agreements
- FCC Arbitration Proceedings
- Other Agreements
In cooperation with our partner, Plus One Strategic Communications, JSI can assist with marketing plans, strategies, campaigns, and initiatives to enhance your company’s image and make it “top of mind” with customers:
- Company Logos
- Product Brands and Logos
- Message Creation / Content Development
- Marketing Collateral
- Website Development
- Social Media
For more details about our marketing services, contact Brenda Cordwell at 301-459-7590.
- Competitive Analysis
- Service Cost Analysis
- End-User Call Analysis
- Toll, Local and EAS Studies
- Pricing and Multi-Year Pricing Recommendations
- Recommendations on Service Descriptions and Bundles
To learn more about our service pricing and bundling methodologies, contact Valerie Wimer at 301-459-7590.
- Network Architecture Migration
- Numbering & Routing Changes
- Navigating Interconnection Arrangements with IP Trunking
- Complying with Current Tariffs with New IP Technologies
- Discontinuing Services that are No Longer Needed in the IP World
- Leveraging the Benefits of IP
For more details about our IP transition services, contact Valerie Wimer 301-459-7590.
JSI can craft and modify appropriate policies and notifications outlining how your company handles identity theft protection, network management, and copyright infringement.
As well, your website could be putting your company at risk of federal enforcement. It not only needs to inform your customers about your services, but also must include information about your network policies, company practices, and acceptable use disclosures. JSI’s Website Compliance Review Service audits your site to ensure that it is up to date with the necessary and recommended disclosures and policies regarding:
- Net Neutrality
- Red Flag Requirements
- Privacy & Security
- Resources, data and assets to be protected, and who, at the company, is responsible for that protection
- Company contacts for all types of emergencies, including third parties to contact for assistance
- A general preparedness checklist
- Insurance information for all types of emergency situations – cyber, assets, loss of business
- Communications plan for both internal and external communications
- Company restoration policies
- Record retention policies
- All state and federal rules and regulations that need to be complied during a service outage
The EOP template also includes data and cyber security emergency preparedness guidelines, a data breach incident response plan, and an active shooter response plan.
If you would like more information about JSI’s Emergency Operations Plan template, please contact Cindy Neugebauer in JSI’s Texas office at 512-338-0473.
Today’s successful telecom companies have strong, well-trained front-line sales associates, as well as a company-wide sales culture. JSI can provide best practices and training tailored for your company’s needs and help you establish or revamp your consumer and business sales divisions.
- Sales Management
- Training Options
- Best Practice Playbook
- Staffing Services & Hiring Guide
- New Hire Training Guide
- Sales Compensation Plans
For more information, contact Brenda Cordwell at 301-459-7590.
- JSI is a proactive partner, closely attuned to the financial, technological, business and policy developments unfolding across the industry.
- Our team regularly meets with the FCC and PUC staff on regulatory initiatives and provides expert testimony in federal and state proceedings.
- JSI plays a prominent role in industry and association forums and champions the interests of community based independent providers as policy is debated and formed.
- Our staff is knowledgeable, accessible and consistently receives positive feedback.
- We give back to the industry and local communities through various charitable activities.
What Clients Say
Though we are probably not one of their largest customers, they treat us like we are their only customer. They are always there and prompt when we need them to help us navigate this most complex industry. We are fortunate to have them as a partner.
Upcoming Seminars & Webinars