Grow Your Revenues. Control Your Costs.
Independent telecom providers are facing more pressure than ever to boost the bottom line, limit expenses and find new revenue sources. JSI is the pioneer in establishing an equitable settlements system and offers unparalleled financial expertise to assist clients in every aspect of their business.
Creating multi-year Income, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statements through detailed financial projections allow your company to drive financial and operational results in the short and long-term, and illustrates:
- Cash Flow and Operating Margin Projections and Analytics
- Investor Return Analysis
- Revenue and Income Projections
- Profit Center Analysis
- Capital Expenditure Budgets & Projections
- Operating Expense Budgets & Projections
- Multi-Divisional and Consolidated Statements
- Detailed Inputs and Drivers Tabs
- Debt Service Analysis
- Common Size Analysis
- Performance Indicators to Defined Measures, such as RGUs, Employees, etc.
- Sensitivity Analysis to Modified Inputs and Goal Seeking
- Financial Reporting
- Rate Case Analysis & Representation
- FCC/USAC Audit Support
- Affiliate Transactions
- Review of Accounting Process and Procedures
- Part 32 Account Assignments and Classifications
- Affiliate and Nonregulated Service Offerings
- Accounting Seminars
- Accounting Manual
- Establishment of Proper Account Structures
- Development of Company-specific Schedules and Reports
- Financial Analysis Tools
- Review of and/or the Establishment of Accounting Practices and Procedures
- System Audits
Contact Brian Sullivan at 301-459-7590 for more information on the these services.
- Incremental Cost Studies
- Embedded/Fully Distributed Cost (FDC) Studies
- Avoidable Cost Studies
- FCC Proposed Cost Model Analyses
Please contact Douglas Meredith at 801-294-4576 for more information on economic studies.
- Competitive Analysis
- Service Cost Analysis
- End-User Call Analysis
- Toll, Local and EAS Studies
- Pricing and Multi-Year Pricing Recommendations
- Recommendations on Service Descriptions and Bundles
To learn more about our service pricing and bundling methodologies, contact Valerie Wimer at 301-459-7590.
- Cash Flow Management
- Profit Center Analysis
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Loan Procurement Management
- Capital Recovery
- Peer Analysis
- Capital Credit Management
- Earnings Monitoring Reports
- FCC, State PSC, RUS Form Preparation
The Mitigating Bad Debt bundle kicks off with a series of four interactive webinars, held one per week. During these webinars, you’ll learn about solutions your company should consider and ways to easily implement strong policies and procedures.
Week One: Overview, Customer Financial Lifecycle, Customer Service Agreements, Online Revisions to Terms & Conditions, Point of Sale Accountability
Week Two: Credit Check & Deposit Scenarios, Commercial Treatment & Major Account Procedures
Week Three: Treatment & Collection Guidelines, FCC/State Rules & Regulation Matrix
Week Four: Company Deployed CPE Return & Recovery Policies, Mitigate Bad Debt Quick Reference Guide – Critical Milestone Tasks, Project Summary
You’ll also receive JSI’s Mitigating Bad Debt Best Practices Playbook, which outlines the customer’s financial lifecycle and provides templates of policies and guidelines you can adapt for your company’s needs:
- Credit Check, Deposit Process, Treatment & Collection Guidelines
- New Customer Service Agreement Template
- Online Terms & Conditions (addresses credit checks, deposits, and early termination penalties)
- Equipment return and recovery policies
The Best Practices Playbook also contains an FCC/State Rules & Regulations Matrix and a Quick Reference Guide, which provides critical milestone tasks for implementing these new policies/guidelines.
Once you’ve had a chance to implement some or all of the best practices at your company, you’ll be invited to a personal one-on-one interactive conference call to discuss your implementation, how well the new policies and procedures are working, and answer any lingering questions you may have.
If you’re interested in signing up for the Mitigating Bad Debt bundle or for more information on any of its components, contact Traci Brunner at 281-665-8170.
- Interconnection Agreements (including those between ILECs and wireless providers)
- Inter-Company Agreements
- Ethernet Agreements
- End-User Agreements
- Pole & Conduit Agreements
- Programming Agreements
- Fiber & Facilities Leases
- Partnership Agreements
- Wholesale Network Agreements
- Service Level Agreements
- Affiliate Transaction Agreements
- FCC Arbitration Proceedings
- Other Agreements
- Attestation Audit and Attestation Standards
- Typical Documents Requests
- Internal Control Expectations
- Affiliate Transaction Rules
- Continuing Property Records
- Cost Allocation Requirements
- Government Auditing Standards and AICPA Compliance
- Record Retention Rules
- Compliance with FCC Code of Federal Regulations Title 47
- Management Assertion Letter Requirements
- Field Visits
- Proprietary Information
- Examples of Audit Findings
Whether you have company-specific tariff filings or participate in the JSI access tariff, our Online Tariff Service keeps your tariffs organized and easily accessible on “MyJSI,” a secure, password-protected site strictly for JSI clients.
- Interstate and Intrastate Access
- Local Tariffs
- Billing and Collection Contracts
- Advanced IP and Broadband Services
- CLEC Tariffs (Local, Toll, Access)
- State Private Line Tariffs
- Tariff Revisions for Bundling or Additional Services
- DSL Detariffing
- (Five-Year) Number Portability End-User Tariff Charge
- Interstate and Intrastate Toll
- International Toll (Rates, Terms and Conditions)
If you would like additional information on tariff development or revision, or on the Online Tariff Service, please contact John Kuykendall at 301-459-7590.
We also offer expert assistance in access tariff rate development and filing, on both the interstate and intrastate level. Additionally, JSI can complete annual and quarterly USF filings with NECA, as well as NECA pooling administration. We have a long history managing and overseeing average schedule settlements, including line-haul settlement review, verification of accurate data inputs, and cost versus average schedule analysis. JSI can assist with:
- Jurisdictional Cost Studies
- Competitive Cost Studies
- Economic Cost Studies
- UNE Prices
- Cost Versus Average Schedule Feasibility Studies
- Pro Forma Studies
- Cost Allocation Manuals
- Access Tariff Rate Development & Filing
- Average Schedule Settlements
- Lead Lag Studies
Maintaining an up-to-date CPR allows you to:
- Reduce inventory tracking time and costs;
- Assist engineers;
- Respond to audit inquiries and other information requests quickly;
- Accurately price retirements;
- Ensure accurate recovery for disaster response planning;
- Provide detailed insurance documentation for recouping plant investment;
- Price inventory based on actual costs;
- Produce reports for management review; and
- Analyze investment by contract, year, work order, separations category, tax district and account.
For additional information about CPRs, please contact Denise Whittington at 301-459-7590,
- JSI is a proactive partner, closely attuned to the financial, technological, business and policy developments unfolding across the industry.
- Our team regularly meets with the FCC and PUC staff on regulatory initiatives and provides expert testimony in federal and state proceedings.
- JSI plays a prominent role in industry and association forums and champions the interests of community based independent providers as policy is debated and formed.
- Our staff is knowledgeable, accessible and consistently receives positive feedback.
- We give back to the industry and local communities through various charitable activities.
What Clients Say
For good reason – Our company has been a JSI client for many years and we use a number of their services. The staff that completes our cost study has been great and it doesn’t stop there. On several occasions while at our location working on the study, Brian Sullivan and Mikki Minnie Milton have taken the time to provide industry updates to our Board of Directors in a special meeting.
Upcoming Seminars & Webinars